Make the most of fresh blackberries with this delicious gluten-free cake. Ideal as a dessert with yogurt.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 30-40 MINUTES SERVES: 10
I N G R E D I E N T S
• 150g gluten-free self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 75g xylitol or coconut sugar
• Pinch of sea salt
• 2 eggs
• 100ml dairy-free milk or regular milk
• 60g coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt
• 120ml olive oil
• 100g fresh or frozen blackberries
• A little apricot jam for brushing
• Yogurt to serve
M E T H O D
1. Grease and line a 6 inch cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Place the flour, baking powder, xylitol (or coconut sugar, if using) and salt in a large bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt and olive oil, then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and beat well with a wooden spoon.
3. Fold in the blackberries, reserving a few for the top.
4. Spoon the batter into the tin and smooth the top. Press the reserved blackberries into the top of the cake.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and, with the cake in the tin, brush the top with a little warmed apricot jam to glaze. Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the tin.